- Mafikizolo To Perform In Eswatini This Coming Weekend.
- Uzalo Star for Abathandwa Live Experience in Eswatini
- Mduduzi “Gawuzela” Simelane has vowed to back teachers during his term in office
- Journalists Denied To Enter Counting Centers During Election in Eswatini
- Sihlangu falls 2 Places in FIFA Rankings
- Living with a disability doesnt mean that you are in capable
- MTN Premier League of Eswatini gate collections might increase this season
- Bigger and Better Gcwalisa Mogambo This Year
- Government of Eswatini hiding behind Cash flow Challenges.
- Journalists confuse Mbabane Swallows fans- Mbabane Swallows General Manager
Eswatini Consumers Association Oppose The Looming 15% Bread Hike
The Eswatini Consumer Association (ECA)has engaged relevant stakeholder about the looming 15% bread hike that was alleged by the Bakers Association.
The news of the looming hike was engraved by the Times of Swaziland dated 21 November under the byline of Stanely Khumalo. In this report, Chairman of Eswatini Bakers Association Neal Von Wissell was quoted saying that the organization was seeking to have an increment of about 15%.
Speaking today on the national radio current affairs program called Letishisako, Bongani Mdluli of Eswatini Consumer Association revealed that his organization held a meeting with the Bakers Association and government last week where they discussed the best way to handle this matter because consumers are in no good financial stage to survive the possible hike.
During the same interview, Mdluli also sent gratitude to His Excellency Ambrose Mandvolo Dlamini for freezing the increase of tariffs dubbing it as an early Christmas for the consumers. “As workers we are happy with the Prime Minister’s stance because these are essential services that we rely on in a daily basis” elaborated Mdluli.