- Mafikizolo To Perform In Eswatini This Coming Weekend.
- Uzalo Star for Abathandwa Live Experience in Eswatini
- Mduduzi “Gawuzela” Simelane has vowed to back teachers during his term in office
- Journalists Denied To Enter Counting Centers During Election in Eswatini
- Sihlangu falls 2 Places in FIFA Rankings
- Living with a disability doesnt mean that you are in capable
- MTN Premier League of Eswatini gate collections might increase this season
- Bigger and Better Gcwalisa Mogambo This Year
- Government of Eswatini hiding behind Cash flow Challenges.
- Journalists confuse Mbabane Swallows fans- Mbabane Swallows General Manager
MTN Scoops another 10 Year Contract
Swaziland Communication Commission (SSCOM) has decided to renewed MTN Eswatini’s Electronic Communications Service and Electronic Communication network license as they were set to on the 18th of November 2018. This means that the country’s first and biggest mobile telecommunications will continue operating in the Kingdom of Eswatini for another 10 year.
The Swaziland Communication Commission issued a General Notice on today’s Swazi Observer informing the public about these developments.
“In light of the above analysis and findings, the Commission has decided that Swazi MTN’s individual “ECS” license be and is hereby renewed for a period of 10 years (17 November 2018 to 16 November 2028) in accordance with the prevailing licensing framework as may be amended from time to time. Swazi MTN’s individual “ECNS) license be and is hereby renewed for a period of 10 years (17 November 2018 to 16 November 2028) in accordance with the prevailing licensing framework, as may be amended from time to time” reads the General Notice.
Furthermore, SCCOM also added that additional terms and conditions shall be included in the new licenses to address any non-compliance issue identified during the evaluation process. The new license will be issued to Swazi MTN upon the payment of license fees levied in terms of section 14 of the Electronic Communication (licensing) regulation, 2016 for the evaluation and renewal of the licence, detailed the notice.
MTN Eswatini was initially licensed on 18 November 2008 to provide mobile telephony networks and services in the Kingdom of Eswatini. On the 28th November 2016, the Eswatini Communication Commission (ESCCOM or the Commission) converted the Swazi MTN license to align it with the new legal and regulatory regime. In so doing the Commission issued an Electronic Communication Service License and the Electronic Communication Network License to MTN Eswatini.