- Mafikizolo To Perform In Eswatini This Coming Weekend.
- Uzalo Star for Abathandwa Live Experience in Eswatini
- Mduduzi “Gawuzela” Simelane has vowed to back teachers during his term in office
- Journalists Denied To Enter Counting Centers During Election in Eswatini
- Sihlangu falls 2 Places in FIFA Rankings
- Living with a disability doesnt mean that you are in capable
- MTN Premier League of Eswatini gate collections might increase this season
- Bigger and Better Gcwalisa Mogambo This Year
- Government of Eswatini hiding behind Cash flow Challenges.
- Journalists confuse Mbabane Swallows fans- Mbabane Swallows General Manager
Sihlangu falls 2 Places in FIFA Rankings
It would seem like things are not going well for Sihlangu Semnikati as they continue dropping places on the FIFA rankings. According to the FIFA rankings that were released by the governing body, Sihlangu Semnikati is now sitting at 136 with 1101 point one place below Angola. This means that Eswatini is now at the 36th place in the CAF rankings.
In the African Cup of Nation Qualifiers, the Antony Mdluli led team recently suffered a terrible loss of 2-0 in the hand of Tunisia in a home game and the two will yet again lock horns in Tunisia in a date that is yet to be announced. In the released rankings, the Tunisian side is sitting pretty at 23rd with 1503 points which put them in the top of all the African National Teams.
Egypt a team set to battle with Sihlangu Semnikati twice in a row next month is currently sitting at the 64th place with 1364 point putting them at the tenth place on the African rankings. The Egyptian side recently trashed Niger 6-0 in the African Cup of Nation Qualifiers and the two will again meet in match day 6. Niger dropped two places in the recent ranking as they are now sitting pretty at 105 with 1207 points.
In 2014, Sihlangu Semnikati was one of the best African Movers as they were able to move 14 places from 114 to 103 under the hand of Madze Harris Bulunga who has been currently crossed out from the aspiring coaches that can lead the team. In June 2017, Sihlangu Semnikati beat the then 63rd placed Guinea in the AFCON qualifiers and reached the semifinals of the COSAFA Cup for the first time, before losing 5-1 to eventual winners Bafana Bafana in the semi-finals. Sihlangu Semnikati’s best rankings was 92nd and was achieved in 1992, according to Kick Off. Bulunga came close in breaking this record as he was able to put the national team in the top 100 during his time with the National team.